Irving Animal Services welcomes your 501(c)(3) group and depends on your partnership to help us save the lives of countless homeless pets. If you would like to be added to our transfer list, send your organization’s 501(c)(3) documentation to RescueAPet@cityofirving.org.
In accordance with Chapter 828 and Chapter 826 of the Texas Health and Safety Code, all animals must be spayed or neutered and vaccinated for rabies. Your rescue will be asked to sign a transfer agreement stating you agreement to provide proof of spay/neuter and rabies vaccination within 30 days of rescue.
To submit your rescue tag:
- Complete the Rescue Tag Interest form. This will be submitted to City of Irving Animal Services staff at RescueAPet@cityofirving.org.
- If your rescue is not yet an existing rescue partner with City of Irving Animal Services, you will also need to submit the following:
- Rescue’s 501c3 documentation (or documentation that demonstrates that you have filed paperwork to become 501c3)
- List of approved pullers (and who is allowed to tag on your organization’s behalf)
- Letter of Reference from your vet
- Documents such as an adoption application, foster requirements, mission statement and average length of stay with your rescue/animal. These can be provided as links from your website if necessary documents are on site.
- Contact information for your board of directors (such as Name, Address, phone number and email address as well as position with the rescue).
- The person picking up the animal must have a valid government issued ID. A $20 transfer fee applies.
Dogs being rescued will be:
- Given DHLLP and Bordatella vaccine
- Given a general dewormer and treated for fleas
- Charged a $20 ‘rescue pull’ fee. If the dog is Code Orange or Code Red, PAWS for Irving Animals covers the cost of this fee.
Dogs being rescued will NOT receive the following, though can be provided at cost if staff are available:
- Rabies vaccine (can only be given if the shelter veterinarian is on the premises) – cost: $15
- HW test – cost $25
- Spay/Neuter – shelter will NOT provide
Other Notes on Rescuing
- Irving Animal Service’s policy is to honor adoptions over any transfer to adoption partners
- Irving Animal Service’s staff reserves the right to choose which animals are available for transfer